IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT:
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all banks to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
SHARE SAVINGS ACCOUNTS
- Share Savings – A share savings account only requires a $5.00 deposit and this makes you a member of the credit union. Dividends are calculated daily and paid quarterly. $10.00 fee for any withrawals over 6 per quarter.
- Money Market Account – An investment account that requires a $5000.00 deposit with higher dividend rates than share savings without tying up your money. Dividends are paid quarterly. $10.00 fee for any withrawals over 3 per month.
- IRA Account (Traditional and Roth) – If you are a working member and meet eligibility criteria, you can have an IRA account. Dividends are paid quarterly.
- Youth Club – This account is designed for youth ages 0-18 with a minimum deposit of $5.00. Yearly incentives and activities that teach kids about saving money and finances. Dividends paid quarterly.
- Christmas Club – Designed to help you save for the holiday season. Only two withdrawals allowed per year during the months of October- December. Dividends paid quarterly.
- Vacation Club – Designed to help you save for a vacation. You get 2 withdrawals a year and you pick when you want to make these withdrawals.
Checking accounts have no monthly fee, no per check fee, no minimum balance requirements, and no limitations on debit card transactions for purchases. Further benefits:
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Overdraft protection (upon approval)
- Debit/ATM card
- Automatic drafts
- Duplicate checks
Debit cards are given when you have a share draft/checking account. These cards are free and there is no charge for using the card for purchases. These cards can also be used at any ATM machine or any cash back purchase machine (fees do apply for these transactions see disclosure at credit union).
NOTICE REGARDING NON-VISA PINLESS DEBIT TRANSACTIONS
You may use your Visa Debit Card to initiate both Visa debt transactions and non-Visa debit transactions without using a personal identification number (PIN) to authenticate the transactions.
To initiate a Visa debit transaction, you may sign a receipt, provide a card number or swipe your card through a point-of-sale (POS) terminal and choose to route the transaction over a Visa network.
To initiate a non-Visa debit transaction, you may enter a PIN at a point-of-sale terminal or, for certain bill payment transactions, provide the account number for an e-commerce or mail/telephone order transaction after clearly indicating a preference to route it as a non-Visa transaction. We have enabled non-Visa debit transaction processing on these networks: PLUS, CO-OP, STAR.
The rights and protections applicable only to Visa debit transactions, including additional consumer liability limits and streamlined error resolution procedures, as described in your Electronic Fund Transfers Agreement and Disclosure will not apply to transactions processed through non-Visa networks.
- Gold CD – requires a $1000.00 minimum deposit.
- Platinum CD – requires a $5,000.00 minimum deposit.
All CD’s are for 6 months.
Dividends are paid at maturity and added to the balance of the CD.
CD’s are automatically renewed unless previous arrangements have been made.
A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawals.